The switch to online learning, flipped classrooms, remote learning and so forth is not easy, and for many teachers this has happened without much warning or time to prep. So, if you have never done this before, what should you do? This podcasts discusses the eight tips below.
- Figure out what is the most essential content you need the students to learn.
- Know that whatever you do will not be perfect.
- No new technologies.
- Know how to get help remotely.
- Know that most educational tools have online help, videos, tutorials and instructions to help both you and your students.
- Understand that you are anxious, and so are your students.
- Internet access when students are not in school may be spotty or non-existent.
- Reassure your students (and yourself!).
To be sure, no one really can be sure what will happen. There will be successes and failures, good things and bad, helpful and unhelpful students, teachers and administrators. But if you are a Catholic educator like I am, know that you are always in the holy presence of God, and he loves us more than we can really know.
You can subscribe to the DePorres Pages Podcasts, which will give you all four podcasts. Or, you can subscribe using your favorite app: RSS, iTunes, Stitcher, Spotify, Soundcloud, TuneIn, Castbox, Castro, PocketCasts, Overcast, Google Play, and IHeartRadio. You can also subscribe on our website.